Since our first supporting role to the renewables industry in 2012, Boston Energy has performed more than 1 million hours service and maintenance assistance on a broad range of offshore and onshore wind turbine generators. Technicians with Boston Energy have seen our continued growth into Pre-Assembly, Installation, Special Projects, Technical Training, Crane & Repair and Service Agreements for onshore asset management contracts.
Boston Energy have operations in the UK, Europe, USA and North Africa with offices in Beverley – UK, Hamburg – Germany and Providence, Rhode Island – USA.
Range of Services and Skills
- We have technicians who are supporting sites across the UK, North-West Europe, USA and North Africa with an impetus to locate employees close to home where possible and broaden their flexibility for the customer.
- Our technicians are selected from a range of mechanical/electrical backgrounds that can transfer appropriate skills into the wind industry and renewables sector.
- The variety of skills in our team include mechanical technicians, electrical technicians, service technicians, pre-assembly technicians, installation and commission technicians, rope access technicians, blade repair technicians and special project isolation technicians. Boston Energy support projects up to service maintenance team leads, construction supervisor and foreman.
- Our O+M services include: scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, long-term service contracts, ad hoc arrangements, troubleshooting, tower inspection & repair, retrofits and upgrades, oil replacements, component exchange, bolt torquing programmes and pre-assembly.
- Our Lifting Equipment services include: Inspection, Service, Maintenance and Repairs of HMF, HIAB, Davit and Palfinger cranes.
- We offer independent inspection and service including testing, repairs and certification of lifting equipment (service crane, winches, hoists & rope lift equipment), Eye/anchor bolt inspection, fall arrest/man safe system inspection, fall arrest system inspection & certification, Man riding lifting equipment and Davit cranes service and maintenance.
- Technicians are trained to meet our customer skills matrix, with a focus on achieving competent technician status and so requiring less supervision. Specific training can be given that aids support to special project work.
- Our crane engineers are enhanced through LEEA membership and between 6-24 months assessment for their membership to ALLMI.
- Boston Energy have significant expertise in providing Tower Technicians and Foreman for pre-assembly projects. We have worked with world-class OEM’s at several sites in the UK, USA and Europe including; Belfast (for Burbo Bank Extension and Walney 3), Vlissingen (Norther, North Wester 2 and Borssele), Triton Knoll, Moray East, The Dudgeon Windfarm Project, The Race Bank Windfarm Project and The Galloper WindFarm Pre-Assembly Project.
- Boston Energy opened a dedicated training centre in 2019 where we deliver GWO and ALLMI courses. We also provide onsite training delivery and additionally Boston Energy has a crane training facility, currently based in Grimsby, in which a container has been modified to mimic the conditions of a crane in an 8Mw Nacelle. We also have a training office based at Grimsby Fishdock, in which the classroom elements of crane training are delivered.
Get in Touch
Visit www.bostonenergy.co.uk to find our latest vacancies and book GWO & ALLMI training courses.
Related BlogsView All Blog Articles
BOSTON SPOTLIGHT: Meet Steve, Logistics and Facilities Manager and find out how you can join his team
July 26, 2021
We caught up with Steve, our Logistics and Facilities Manager for our most recent Boston Spotlight, to find out a...
July 22, 2021
After a successful year so far, despite the challenges of the current pandemic, celebrating a record number of technicians on...
May 9, 2021
Boston Energy launched its superb new-build training centre just under 2 years ago and it has been a great success....
February 18, 2021
Boston Energy has one of the most dynamic and flexible technical training offerings to be found in the industry. Our...