Boston Energy are now offering onsite delivery of the below courses:
HIAB User Course (1 day), covering:
- Lifting operation Health and Safety and Legislation governing lifting operations
- Crane operations in compliance with Turbine Manufacturer Specific Health and Safety Rules, WTSR, site specific Lift Plan and as per country specific legislation
- Knowledge of HIAB and integral associated equipment
- How to Identify hazards and defects which may cause unsafe use
- Awareness of safe zones on the turbine during crane and lifting operations
- How to perform pre-operational check on the HIAB crane
- Demonstrate the ability to operate the HIAB nacelle service crane, with the remote control and manual levers, complete with the integral equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to perform an equipment pre-operational check
- Demonstrate the ability to select and identify, check and use the correct lifting equipment, attachments and ancillaries
Participants who have successfully completed this course will possess the necessary qualifications to use the HIAB SWP2 and HIAB SWP2V4 nacelle service crane in a safe and correct manner, and will be awarded certification for a three year duration.
GWO Slinger Signaller Course (2 days), covering:
- Working in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- The nature of the wind industry and our roles and responsibilities as slinger signallers
- Identification of different types of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Pre and post operational checks of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Communication with the machine operator, whether it be hand signals, radios or other means of communication
- Identifying the centre of gravity and the mass of loads
- Preparing the area of operations and maintaining exclusion zones during the lifting operation
- Securing different loads with a variety of different slinging methods
- Carrying out end use storage and securing procedures for lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
Upon successful completion of the GWO Slinger Signaller training course, the delegate will be able to work within the wind industry and able to demonstrate and conduct correct slinging and signalling techniques during lifting operations both onshore and offshore.
For further information and to book a course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Related BlogsView All Blog Articles
BOSTON SPOTLIGHT: Meet Steve, Logistics and Facilities Manager and find out how you can join his team
July 26, 2021
We caught up with Steve, our Logistics and Facilities Manager for our most recent Boston Spotlight, to find out a...
July 22, 2021
After a successful year so far, despite the challenges of the current pandemic, celebrating a record number of technicians on...
May 9, 2021
Boston Energy launched its superb new-build training centre just under 2 years ago and it has been a great success....
March 8, 2021
Since our first supporting role to the renewables industry in 2012, Boston Energy has performed more than 1 million hours...
© Boston Energy 2022. All Rights Reserved.