Boston Energy are now approved to provide GWO Slinger Signaller courses.
This is an in-depth, 2 day course, planned carefully to prepare you for working on a wind turbine.
GWO Slinger Signaller Course Content:
- Working in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- The nature of the wind industry and our roles and responsibilities as slinger signallers
- Identification of different types of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Pre and post operational checks of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Communication with the machine operator, whether it be hand signals, radios or other means of communication
- Identifying the centre of gravity and the mass of loads
- Preparing the area of operations and maintaining exclusion zones during the lifting operation
- Securing different loads with a variety of different slinging methods
- Carrying out end use storage and securing procedures for lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
Course dates will be announced shortly!
All courses are available to book via our online store: https://bostonenergy.co.uk/courses/
Please note: a variety of measures have been put in place to ensure all of our courses are safe and adhere to COVID-19 government guidelines.
Related NewsView All News Articles
February 5, 2021
Boston Energy has an exciting opportunity to join their team as Project Resource Coordinator.
November 30, 2020
Job role: Level 4 / SGTT trained and experienced*service technicians and Level 5 3.0MW D3 Authorised service team leaders Platform:...
November 25, 2020
Boston Energy are delighted to be accredited to ISO45001 as of 24th November 2020. This new accreditation adds to our...
Boston Spotlight – “Why Flexible Training Solutions are so important in the Wind Industry” Interview with Boston Energy’s Jason Kennan
November 9, 2020
A critical component of Boston Energy's core training offering to our customers is the ability to create bespoke solutions that are suitable for their specific needs and requirements.