Boston Energy have significant expertise in providing Tower Technicians and Foreman for pre-assembly projects. We have employees based at a variety of sites across the UK and Europe, and have worked with MHI Vestas at several sites in the UK and Europe including; Belfast (for Burbo Bank extension and Walney 3), North Hoyle and Vlissingen. We have also supported SGRE on the Dudgeon project.
Our teams bring experience of pre-assembly operations from multi-platform projects; giving a strong depth of knowledge. Experience on V164 assembly works; including Burbo Bank extension & Walney 3 projects in Belfast and our heavy involvement in the Vlissingen campaign, mean we are well placed to understand and support the needs of our customers.
Boston Energy ensure all our pre-assembly technicians undertake a rigorous training programme and carry out detailed assessments to ensure they are fit for purpose. We are committed to supply the best qualified, assessed and able technicians for any work we undertake for MHI Vestas.
The capabilities of our pre-assembly technicians are as below:
- Assembly of tower section
- Installation and termination of cables inside the tower
- Installation of steel work into tower sections
- Installation of turning gear
- Upending of tower sections
- Installation of the service lift and ladder components
- Functional test of the assemblies
- Preparing the WTG for a specific location
- Preparing control systems for the offshore installation
- Pre-assembly technicians that either are currently or can be trained
- to the equivalent of Vestas levels C / D, and Siemens levels 3 & 4
Boston Energy maintain a team of flexible technicians who are able to support peak demands in the industry, but reduce cost responsibility on our customers. This team can be mobilised / demobilised swiftly. We also invest, upskill and provide rewarding career opportunities to our teams. This approach, inclusivity and team ethos gives Boston Energy an enviable retention level of our technician team.