After successful completion of the course, the delegate will be able to:
- Assess and determine rescue strategy
- Assess and determine evacuation strategy during a rescue operation
- Explain and demonstrate correct identification and suitable selection of certified and structural anchor points
- Explain and apply concept of lifting angle, angle factors and deviation
- Explain and control common risks of hazardous energies and common hazards of enclosed space areas in a WTG
- Apply rescue methods and techniques in performing descending and ascending rescue operations, from a hub, spinner and inside a blade using industry standard equipment and techniques including poor lighting conditions
- Fit a harness and other PPE onto an injured person (IP), in an enclosed space
- Package an IP on to a stretcher/spine board and utilise in both horizontal and vertical configuration to enable safe transportation and airway management
- Perform rescue operations as the informal rescue team co-ordinator performing scene assessment, hazard identification, determining rescue strategy and clear communication to the team and emergency responders
Delegates completing a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course will complete the following modules;
- Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (HSIBR)
- Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (NTBR)
- Single Rescuer: Hub, Spinner and Inside Blade Rescue (SR:HSIBR)
- Single Rescuer: Nacelle, Tower and Basement Rescue (SR:NTBR)
In order to complete a GWO ART (Advanced Rescue Training) combined course, delegates must hold:
- Valid and in-date GWO Working at Height, GWO First Aid and GWO Manual Handling certificates
- The maximum personal delegate weight is 125 kg
- The practical element of this training course is physically demanding and requires delegates to be able to move around comfortably, kneeling, crawling, climbing and to act as a casualty.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The delegates will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during all courses.