The aim is to give course delegates the awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage a prevention culture to fire and to evaluate an emergency response to the discovery of a fire. Delegates should demonstrate fire extinguishing activities in a safe manner and in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Fire Awareness standards.
GWO Fire Awareness Course Content
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- Fire development and spread detail, including the possible causes of fires in wind turbines and the hazards related to this.
- How to identify the signs of fire in a wind turbine asset.
- A knowledge of contingency plans for fire risk in a wind turbine environment to include smoke detection, fire suppression and emergency fire escape procedures.
- To demonstrate the correct actions, operation and fire extinguishing by means of use of the firefighting equipment found in a wind turbine.
GWO Fire Awareness Course Pre-requisites
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training. There are no formal pre-requisites although the course is recommended for:
- Wind Turbine owners and Operators.
- Wind Turbine Manufacturers.
- Installation & Pre-assembly Technicians.
- Operation and Maintenance Technicians.
- Individuals who are looking to enter the wind industry.
For all Courses;
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.