The aim is to give course delegates the skills through theoretical and practical training and Delegates will be able to demonstrate the importance of delivering First Aid in a safe manner and in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) First Aid standards.
GWO First Aid Course Content
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- Global and regional First Aid Legislation and guidance including the risks and hazards found in the wind turbine environment and the management of an incident requiring First Aid.
- How to prioritise and use the principles of first aid in an emergency situation.
- The C, A, B, C principles and the basic understanding of Human anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms, serious/minor illness and injuries and the giving of lifesaving first aid.
- The understanding of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and practice exercises.
- The use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety procedures and correct use of an AED.
- Demonstration of first aid equipment centred around relevant scenario-based training.
GWO First Aid Course Pre-requisites
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training. There are no formal pre-requisites although the course is recommended for:
- Wind Turbine owners and Operators.
- Wind Turbine Manufacturers.
- Installation & Pre-assembly Technicians.
- Operation and Maintenance Technicians.
- Individuals who are looking to enter the wind industry.
For all Courses;
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.