After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have updated and refreshed their skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- Global and regional First Aid Legislation and guidance including the risks and hazards found in the wind turbine environment and the management of an incident requiring First Aid.
- How to prioritise and use the principles of first aid in an emergency situation.
- The C, A, B, C principles and the basic understanding of Human anatomy, structure, functions and symptoms, serious/minor illness and injuries and the giving of lifesaving first aid.
- The understanding of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and practice exercises.
- The use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) safety procedures and correct use of an AED.
- Demonstration of first aid equipment centred around relevant scenario-based training
In order to complete a GWO FA-R (First Aid Refresher) course, delegates must hold:
- Valid and in-date GWO First Aid certificate
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.