The aim is to give course delegates the awareness through theoretical and practical training to encourage a positive Manual Handling culture. Delegates should perform Manual Handling activities in a safe manner in the wind industry in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Manual Handling standards.
GWO Manual Handling Course Content
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.
- The identification of the aspects of tasks that could increase the risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- To demonstrate an understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of tools and equipment.
- To be able to Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- The ability to demonstrate the correct approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- To be able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
GWO Manual Handling Course Pre-requisites
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training. There are no formal pre-requisites, although the course is recommended for:
- Wind Turbine owners and Operators.
- Wind Turbine Manufacturers.
- Installation & Pre-assembly Technicians.
- Operation and Maintenance Technicians.
- Individuals who are looking to enter the wind industry.
For all Courses;
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.