After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.
- The identification of the aspects of tasks that could increase the risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- To demonstrate an understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of tools and equipment.
- To be able to Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- The ability to demonstrate the correct approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- To be able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
There are no formal pre-requisites but the delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.