GWO Slinger Signaller Course Content
- Working in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- The nature of the wind industry and our roles and responsibilities as slinger signallers
- Identification of different types of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Pre and post operational checks of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Communication with the machine operator, whether it be hand signals, radios or other means of communication
- Identifying the centre of gravity and the mass of loads
- Preparing the area of operations and maintaining exclusion zones during the lifting operation
- Securing different loads with a variety of different slinging methods
- Carrying out end use storage and securing procedures for lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.
For all Courses;
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full-day courses include lunch.