⭐Review Rating: 4.7/5⭐
- Working in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- The nature of the wind industry and our roles and responsibilities as slinger signallers
- Identification of different types of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Pre and post operational checks of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Communication with the machine operator, whether it be hand signals, radios or other means of communication
- Identifying the centre of gravity and the mass of loads
- Preparing the area of operations and maintaining exclusion zones during the lifting operation
- Securing different loads with a variety of different slinging methods
- Carrying out end use storage and securing procedures for lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
There are no formal pre-requisites for the course but the delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full-day courses include lunch.
The delegates will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during all courses.