⭐Review Rating: 4.9/5⭐
After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have achieved skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to wind turbines.
- Have an understanding of current national and international legislation regarding working at heights.
- Understand Personal Protection Equipment identification, including identification of United Kingdom, European and Global standards and equipment markings information of PPE inspection, service and storage.
- To wear, use and correctly adjust the relevant Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, including harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest systems and work positioning equipment in a wind turbine environment.
- The correct identification and use of PFPE anchor points and correct and safe conduct when using ladders.
- How to safely evacuate from a wind turbine and the use of evacuation devices in a rescue situation in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently and safely.
- The maximum personal delegate weight is 125 kg.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full-day courses include lunch.
The delegates, during all courses, will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.