The aim of the GWO Working at Height Refresher course is to update and refresh the delegates’ basic knowledge, to prevent skills fade through theoretical and practical training how to use basic PFPE and demonstrate safe working at height. To give Delegates safe and comprehensive basic rescue from height training in a remote wind turbine environment in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Working at Height standards.
GWO Working at Height Refresher Course Content
After successful completion of the course, the Delegate will have updated and refreshed their skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to wind turbines.
- Have an understanding of current national and international legislation regarding working at heights.
- Understand Personal Protection Equipment identification, including identification of United Kingdom, European and Global standards and equipment markings information of PPE inspection, service and storage.
- To wear, use and correctly adjust the relevant Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, including harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest systems and work positioning equipment in a wind turbine environment.
- The correct identification and use of PFPE anchor points and correct and safe conduct when using ladders.
- How to safely evacuate from a wind turbine and the use of evacuation devices in a rescue situation in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently and safely.
GWO Working at Height Refresher Pre-requisites
The maximum personal delegate weight is 125 kg.
The delegate must be physically and medically fit to participate in GWO Training. The delegate must show proof of an in-date certificate to ensure qualification for the refresher course. There are no formal pre-requisites although the course is recommended for:
- Wind Turbine owners and Operators.
- Wind Turbine Manufacturers.
- Experienced Installation & Pre-assembly Technicians.
- Experienced Operation and Maintenance Technicians
For all Refresher Courses;
The delegate must show proof of an in-date certificate to ensure qualification for the refresher course.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The Delegates, during all courses will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during the course duration.