Our Specialised Job Vacancies In The Wind Energy Sector Can Be Applied For Online 24/7
Health, Safety and Environment Apprentice
20th September 2021
Join a global aviation and renewable energy company as a Health, Safety and Environment Apprentice. With teams across many parts of the world, Bostonair Group provides recruitment, maintenance and technical training services to the aviation and wind energy industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join and support our Health & Safety team, based at our head office in Beverley.
Perks of working at Bostonair:
- Social events & celebrations
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working policy
- Competitive apprenticeship salary
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the business works in accordance with legislation and continues to be legally compliant, management of company accreditations allowing the group to continue to provide high-quality training and services and recording & monitoring of data to support the continual improvement of the organisation.
- • Document Management & Control
- Communicating with contractors on-site in relation to health & safety matters
- Proactive monitoring, management and development of the organisation’s compliance system tools (MyCompliance)
- Upkeep of online memberships & accreditations (CHAS, Achilles etc)
- Carrying out internal audits against various standards (ISO 45001, 9001, 14001, 17020 & GWO)
- To have an active role in the undertaking and participation of external audits
- Carrying out office H&S inspections
- Records upkeep (Environmental Records, Fire Alarm Testing etc)
- Providing assistance when required to the operational teams relating to continuous improvements.
- Supporting the QSHE Manager to ensure legal compliance
- Supporting the QSHE Manager with accident investigations
Reports to: QSHE Manager
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- GCSE grade A-C / 9-5 in Mathematics & English
Preferred Previous Experience:
- Experience in an administration/support role OR experience in the aviation, wind energy, or renewables industries.
• Must have Excellent communication at all levels of the organisation
• Knowledge of Plan, Do Check, Act principles
• Must be able to demonstrate creative thinking and problem-solving skills
• Must have a flexible can-do attitude and be adaptable to working in a fast-moving business
Occasional travel to client sites UK & EU may be required.
APPLY FOR A VACANCY
If you'd like to apply for a vacancy listed by Boston Energy then please complete the short form and attach your CV as well as relevant certificates such as WINDA which will help with your application.