Diversity & inclusion
Boston Energy is committed to a supportive work environment where employees have the opportunity to reach their fullest potential. Each Boston Energy employee is expected to do his or her utmost to create a respectful workplace culture that is free of harassment, intimidation, bias, and unlawful discrimination of any kind.
Employment here is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
We are committed to a violence-free work environment, and we will not tolerate any level of violence or the threat of violence in the workplace.
The Company is committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination, and in particular to:
- providing equality, fairness, and respect for all of its staff, whether temporary, part-time or full-time.
- not unlawfully discriminating because of the Equality Act 2010 protected characteristics.
- creating a working environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination.
- taking complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation, and unlawful discrimination seriously by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, and any others in the course of the Company’s work activities; and
- promoting dignity and respect for all, where individual differences and the contributions of all staff are recognised and valued.