Our Specialised Job Vacancies In The Wind Energy Sector Can Be Applied For Online 24/7
Onsite Course Delivery
Boston Energy are now offering onsite course delivery, within the UK, for the below courses. Premises must be of an adequate size to facilitate the crane and any other equipment.
HIAB User Course (1 day), covering:
- Lifting operation Health and Safety and Legislation governing lifting operations
- Crane operations in compliance with Turbine Manufacturer Specific Health and Safety Rules, WTSR, site specific Lift Plan and as per country specific legislation
- Knowledge of HIAB and integral associated equipment
- How to Identify hazards and defects which may cause unsafe use
- Awareness of safe zones on the turbine during crane and lifting operations
- How to perform pre-operational check on the HIAB crane
- Demonstrate the ability to operate the HIAB nacelle service crane, with the remote control and manual levers, complete with the integral equipment
- Demonstrate the ability to perform an equipment pre-operational check
- Demonstrate the ability to select and identify, check and use the correct lifting equipment, attachments and ancillaries
Participants who have successfully completed this course will possess the necessary qualifications to use the HIAB SWP2 and HIAB SWP2V4 nacelle service crane in a safe and correct manner, and will be awarded certification for a three year duration.
GWO Slinger Signaller Course (2 days), covering:
- Working in accordance with Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- The nature of the wind industry and our roles and responsibilities as slinger signallers
- Identification of different types of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Pre and post operational checks of lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
- Communication with the machine operator, whether it be hand signals, radios or other means of communication
- Identifying the centre of gravity and the mass of loads
- Preparing the area of operations and maintaining exclusion zones during the lifting operation
- Securing different loads with a variety of different slinging methods
- Carrying out end use storage and securing procedures for lifting equipment, attachments and accessories
Upon successful completion of the GWO Slinger Signaller training course, the delegate will be able to work within the wind industry and able to demonstrate and conduct correct slinging and signalling techniques during lifting operations both onshore and offshore.
Prices are dependent on location and number of delegates.
For more information, please contact our team at email@example.com or +44 (0) 1482 679757