After successful completion of the course, the delegate will have updated and refreshed their skills and basic knowledge regarding:
- The hazards and risks associated with working at height specific to wind turbines.
- Have an understanding of current national and international legislation regarding working at heights.
- Understand Personal Protection Equipment identification, including identification of United Kingdom, European and Global standards and equipment markings information of PPE inspection, service and storage.
- To wear, use and correctly adjust the relevant Personal Fall Protection Equipment.
- The use of the relevant PFPE, including harness, lanyards, vertical fall arrest systems and work positioning equipment in a wind turbine environment.
- The correct identification and use of PFPE anchor points and correct and safe conduct when using ladders.
- How to safely evacuate from a wind turbine and the use of evacuation devices in a rescue situation in wind turbine generators and use rescue equipment efficiently and safely.
- The importance of carrying out Manual Handling tasks in a safe manner in accordance with relevant legislative requirements.
- The identification of the aspects of tasks that could increase the risk of developing muscular/skeletal injuries.
- To demonstrate an understanding of safe practices of Manual Handling, including the correct handling of tools and equipment.
- To be able to Identify signs and symptoms of injuries related to poor Manual Handling techniques and have knowledge of reporting methods.
- The ability to demonstrate the correct approach to Manual Handling in a wind turbine environment.
- To be able to demonstrate Manual Handling risk reduction techniques.
In order to complete a GWO WAH-R (Working at Height Refresher) course, delegates must hold:
- Valid and in-date GWO Working at Height certificate
- The maximum personal delegate weight is 125 kg.
The candidates must have a GWO WINDA registration identification number prior to attending any GWO course. Registration for a GWO WINDA ID can be found on the GWO website, click on the link below.
All full day courses include lunch.
The delegates will have access to water, tea, coffee and basic refreshments during all courses.